7g sachet yeast
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 cup warm water
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10mins or until frothy.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in salt, yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 -15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
Place in a large lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place or until doubled in size.
3. Using your fist, punch dough down. Knead until small.
4. Grease tray and preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a 25cm long. Tie each log into a loose knot. Place, 5cm appart, on a prepared tray.
5. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Brush top with egg.
6. Dust with extra flour. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Turn bread, top side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
These rolls are just wonderful. They are nice and crusty on the outside with a yummy soft centre! I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you try them! I forgot to do the egg and flour on top but mine were still lovely.