Through all the communications I've read on Facebook, one of the things many locals are struggling with is knowing what to do to help. So here are my recommendations!!
1. Sort through your clothes and make a pile to donate. Do the same for your linen.
2. Buy a loaf of bread and make a huge batch of sandwiches to be handed out tomorrow and in coming days. I suggest simple sandwiches of vegimite, jam etc that do not need to be refridgerated.
3. Package sandwiches individually and write what is in it on the label.
4. Bake Bake Bake!!! Scones, pikelets, muffins, sausage rolls, mini quiches, brownies, biscuits - simple recipes that can be eaten by hand. Check out these recipes for ideas.
5. Package your baking into individual serves in cling wrap or zip lock bags and label with ingredients and what it is.
6. Contact me about getting the food you have made or the donations you have to give and where to take it. You can contact me via Facebook or on the Roma Flood 2012 page.
7. Ring the volunteer line and offer to help someone in need clean up their home on 1300 007 662.
I'll be back with more news tomorrow!