20 May, 2013

Garden update

Time for a walk around the garden!

I've been in and pulled out some of the summer vegies (beans, tomatoes, zucchini and cucumber) and have carried bucket load, after bucket load of broken down cow manure to top up the beds. Into them I've planted: brocoli, brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas, beetroot, shallots, onions, cabbage and two packets of sweet peas - my favourite flowers in the world!!! You can just see them at the top of the first photo!!


 
Can't wait for them all to get bigger and start harvesting again. This weekend I'll take out the climbing beans and the only remaining zucchini and cucumber - which probably died in the frost this morning anyway. I'll move the trellis from the climbing beans over for the sweet peas!! I can already see how beautiful they will be in spring - hopefully reminiscent of the sweet peas mum used to grow in Warwick!!
 
Still to be planted - Cauliflower and Kale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment