11 November, 2012

Catching up.....There's a hole in my heart....

....that can only be filled by you.

6 months of being away from each other just about drove us both insane. I cried every night after talking to Marko. My heart ached each night when I came home from school to an empty house, until I moved out and into the beautiful Lisa's home where I was so welcomed but still so lonely. Our occasional weekends when I flew down were as precious as gold.

I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!

I don't know how families do it. Honestly. I know there are plenty of couples out there who deal with the long distance all the time. Whether it's two weeks on two weeks off or a longer roster. I just am not cut out for it. Neither is Marko. He found it as unbearable as I did.

I guess the best thing to come out of it is that we each have a better understanding of each other than we did before...crazy for a couple who's been married coming on six years. But honestly you tend to take your partner for granted after a certain amount of time. I know we definately did. Not anymore. We treasure our time now that we are reunited. I feel so cherished and loved because he tells me constantly!

Together again...at last!

1 comment:

  1. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, obviously that happened to you guys.

    ReplyDelete