20 February, 2011

Worst housewife in the world award!

I'm totally convinced that if such an award existed, I would win it hands down! Well perhaps that's an exaggeration, but that is how I feel. I spend long long hours at school and try hard to keep it in order, which unfortunately means that things slide at home. I'm a 'I-do-my-housework-on-the-weekend' girl, but if we go away for several weekends in a row, or hubbie doesn't work and we spend quality time together nothing gets done. Yesterday (Saturday) I spent the day playing catch up. I vacuumed, mopped, cleaned the toilet, bathtub, shower and bathroom sink. I also caught up on a few weeks ironing and folding (four baskets full - shocking I know) and attempted to sort out some of the mess lying around. Don't get me wrong, my house isn't grotty, it's untidy. The study door remains permenently closed due to the disaster zone that is that room (no idea what to do about THAT!!) and let's not even talk about the spare room or the shed or even our bbq area...but at least the lounge room, kitchen and bathroom look presentable.

I dream of one day being a SAHM and being able to stay on top of these things, but I don't think we'll ever be in the position financially for that to work. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Just wanted to moan about the fact that I can't seem to be organised at both work and school....totally sucks!!!

Emily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment